To be honest this book wasn’t what I thought it would be. The author explained the research and connected it in a manor that flowed with the results of the research. Often I found my thoughts going elsewhere with the flow of writing and then being pulled back into what the next section had to offer. However, I am still glad I took the time to read it. I gathered great knowledge and insight from this book along with a list of one-liners. I know not everyone out there has time to read it. So here are some highlights from the book:
– Millionaires think differently (they are frugal, frugal, frugal)
– Most millionaires dont live in expensive homes or drive expensive cars (its not like you see on TV)
– Wealth is the key not Income (most make 60k-100k/year)
– Most millionaires are self-made millionaires (did not inherit the money, they earn it and save it)
– Millionaires spend about 20-30 hours a month reviewing their investments (up to 1hr/day)
There is a lot more to this book when you dive into the details. I know I will never think of a Millionaire in the same way that I used to. They are just the typical neighbor in a typical neighborhood. We can learn a lot from the habits and lifestyle of millionaires, then apply that knowledge to change our lives. I am striving to implement the principles from this book, they are not easy. You must become “WIERD”, in the sense Dave Ramsey puts it – “live like now one else now, so you can live like now one else”.Get a copy of this book here.